Meet the artist
Zach Barnard is a Virginia-born artist who has sold over 30 original paintings and more than 40 commissioned paintings, in addition to creating “Hidden Moments”, an immersive public art installation.
A colorist at heart, Zach’s work is big, bold and expressive, with swift gesture and broad brushstroke reminiscent of Post-Impressionists and the Fauves. From glowing street lamps to moonlit hallways, he reveals the romance and sensuality of nightscapes. Each painting is a journey across place and time – with a style echoing the aesthetics of Henri Matisse and
Ernst Ludwig Kirchner reinterpreted in a fresh, contemporary way that’s beautifully relevant to today’s world.
Zach graduated from with a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree and a minor in Art History from the Columbia College of Chicago, where he was a 2018 winner of the Albert Weisman Award. Lately of the Leigh Gallery in Chicago, Zach’s work has been featured in both solo and group shows, as well as in a variety of print and online publications.
-Columbia College Chicago 2012-2017
-BFA in Fine Art and Minor in Art History
- Albert P. Weisman Award, 2018
- Orland Park Public Library, Chicago, IL, 2018:
-Cafespresso Coffee Shop, Richmond,VA, 2012
- Conception: Global Art Awareness, Dovetail Brewery, 2018
- RAW Artists Chicago, The Metro, Chicago, IL, 2018
- Kaneland Community Fine Arts Festival, Maple Park, IL, 2018
- Olin Studio, 1957 w 23rd St, The Escape Realm, Chicago IL, 2018
- Columbia College Chicago, Arts Open Studio , Chicago IL, 2018
- Columbia College Chicago, Open Studio Exhibition, Chicago IL, 2017
- Joy District, Federal Savings Bank Promotion, Chicago IL, 2017
- Logan Square Tattoo,The Portrait Show, Chicago IL, 2017
- Logan Square Tattoo, F%#king Ridiculous, Chicago IL, 2016
- Music Garage, ElkWalking EP Release Show, Chicago IL, 2016
-Diversity Thrift Art Show, Richmond, VA, 2015